Next month, we will be celebrating Jazz through the ages with multiple award-winners’ Selaelo Selota and The Muffinz in an evening that will see classic and modern takes on music genre unite. We invite Birchwood’s loyal clients, regular visitors, family and friends to join us on 12 October for sensational performances, comedy and a delicious three-course meal.
We get to know our star-studded line-up of artists with a few facts about their careers:
- Lauded for his African-centric Jazz music.
- His sounds are inspired traditional songs and dances of a broad variety of ethnic groups.
- Having grown up near Pietersburg, his first job was in gold mining.
- He bought his first guitar in 1988 and started studying music theory through FUBA (Federated Union of Black Artists) Academy.
In just six years, they have made fouralbums, been on an international tour and have made many hit singles.
- They are aptly named “The Muffinz”, with the five band members being the individually talented ingredients – Atomza (electric guitarist and vocalist), Keke (drummer and vocalist), Mthae (acoustic guitarist), Skabz (bassist) and Simz (acapella vocalist).
- Founded by legendary trumpeter Johnny Mekoa to nurture and develop young musical talent.
- As a NGO, the Foundation provides arts education for disadvantaged youth.
- Born and bred in Shos Pretoria
- His name came from friend and fellow stand-up comedian Trevor Gumbi.
- Known for his involvement in Motsweding FM, Thobela FM, YFM and Lesedi FM.
- Our beloved MC is also a motivational speaker, programme director and team builder.
- He has also been a radio DJ for Radio Bop and Kaya FM.
- He is a firm believer that everyone is created with immense potential and a unique set of attributes designed for a specific purpose.
Get your family and friends together for an unmissable all-star line-up celebrating the Jazz across the ages. Starting at 8pm sharp, book your seats for the Birchwood Comes Alive Jazz Evening on 12 October. Tickets are R450 per person and R4 500 for a table of 10 and include a three-course meal. For more information or to book contact Martin Mapunda on (011) 897 0024, email firstname.lastname@example.org.