The problem with a fast-paced year is that we seldom get the chance to reflect on what we have accomplished. It is a good idea to “get to grips” with the present with some reflection on what you have achieved – whether big or small. We help you kick start this thinking with some of our own highlights from 2018.
- We celebrated a momentous landmark here at Birchwood – our 20th birthday! Get to know our management team Kevin Clarence, Jazzman Mahlakgane and Lloyd Marshall in our recent interviews with Business Day TV and find out more about how we started and where we plan on going…
- We diversified our flavours with the introduction of our new Boma restaurant, offering a mouth-watering menu on outdoor decking situated next to a serene fountain in our beautiful gardens.
- Our Domestic Centre, one of our busiest and most popular venues, got a fresh new look – sleek, sophisticated and modern with clean lines, a splash of pattern and a blend of different textures.
- Our revamped Hotspot Bar, a convenient stop between our conference venues and rooms, has become the place to round off the day with a drink, watch some sport or catch the news.
- We are proud to have received a Gauteng Lilizela Tourism Award in the Meetings, Exhibitions and Special Events (MESE) Category for the second year in a row!
Of course, there are so many developments at Birchwood throughout the year based on feedback from our loyal clients, guests and visitors – these are just a few of our favourites!